Monday, January 12, 2009

Siblings! What a blessing





















We have numerous pictures just like this beginning from when Hudson was a little over a year. It usually doesn't matter who's bed they're in, they love "co-sleeping."
Almost everyday I think of how blessed we are that Hannah and Hudson love each other so much. I was really close with one of my brothers growing up too. Recently I asked my mom if we were close when we were this young. She said that even when I was a baby my brother and I had a close connection. I am so glad that our two have started off the same. It's not just that they don't fight a lot, they are almost always together or knows where the other is. They play together, comfort each other, look out for each other and genuinely care for one another. Don't get me wrong, there is some sibling rivalry every now and then. But nothing like what we've been warned about.
I now share the same strange occasional experience as my mom has. I actually get frustrated and annoyed when they are getting along! ie: We've had to put them on opposite sides of our table so they'll focus on food instead of having playtime together. It was getting bad and meal times weren't enjoyable. Well, for Jared and I anyway, they would be having a grand old time! My parents have told those same stories. Although these experiences are not my favorite times of day, God has so blessed us with children who absolutely love each other. We should enjoy it while it lasts, but hopefully it will never end!

1 comment:

  1. Ha!
    "Martin, sit between them! I can't stand listening to them giggle and laugh and enjoy each other anymore!"

    ReplyDelete